Nairobi and our car ride to Maasai Mara

The second day in Kenya was well spent. We went around, got familiar with the city, went to some really exciting markets and we even visited a snake park! It was right outside the Nairobi National Museum, and no, it wasn’t a park full of snakes. There were a lot of other animals there too! Like this alligator and turtles. I even almost stepped on a chameleon! It was so awesome!
                                              Look at this little guy! isn't he just adorable? 


We ended the day at some fancy restaurant, and really had a great time.

                                                                 .~*~.~*~.

Early in the morning the next day we started packing and cleaning up. We left about 11 AM in a fairly nice car dad had rented. Then, there was the car-ride.

The roads were almost decent for about two hours while we drove. They were smooth and well kept, and we had a great time just talking and joking around. When we happened to pass something interesting we all stared out the windows, but mostly, we were just having fun. Two hours passed by smoothly. We had a short lunch break in Narok.

When we hit the roads again, it was like we had been dropped straight into a warzone. There were dusty, old, abandoned houses right by the road. The landscape changed from green and flourishing life to orange sand and yellow, dried out straw all around. The road itself was full of holes, dumps and ditches. By the time we were halfway I was sure my butt had become the most tender meat any gourmet could ever want. I hurt everywhere, and yet we still had a long way to go.

By 7 PM we were all beat up and grumpy placed in our hotel rooms. I was so tired I just wanted to fall asleep right there, but my stomach otherwise. Everyone took a quick shower, and then- dinner time!



In the evening I sat at the balcony of our hotel room (me and my sisters’), and in the horizon I could just make out the fences of national Park Maasai Mara.


Here is the route we took to Maasai Mara

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar