Goodbye Norway

The day my family and I went to Kenya, was very exhausting, but also very exciting. The morning we left, Værnes airport was very quiet and peaceful. Believe me, I’ve seen it worse. It was about 7 AM, and the early morning air and grey skies promised a sad day for the citizens of Trondheim. Already then a light drizzle was coating the winds in wet, feather light  kisses.
The atmosphere in our car was so uneasy and nervous I was sure even the vehicle itself could feel it. Mom and dad are always like that before we travel. Not that I can blame them.
About two hours later, when the plane took off, the uneasy feeling overtook me too. I was really leaving! up until now it had all seemed so unreal, yet there I was. I smiled nervously as I watched the fjords and the mountains disappear behind the grey clouds. My forehead rested on the window, while I watched the comforting rain prickle the windows.


We switched planes in Amsterdam, and then took off again. Arriving Kenya was so weird. Outside the windows, the sun had already set, and the city was covered in a blanket of dark skies. The airplane was so cold I had to wear a fleece jacket, and i was almost expecting the same temperature scince it was so dark, but as I walked out the doors the heat came crashing upon me and I was instantly sweating. Gods! The heat!



Here, you can see a picture my sister took from the window of the plane. It's Nairobi centrum as we saw it form the plane. Gods! What an amazing zoom cameras has nowadays...

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar