Mombasa

The next morning was a living hell. We woke up at about 6 AM, packed and ate. Our plane left from the airport at eight, and to say the least, I was not excited.  I didn’t want to leave the beautiful savannas for a city filled with trash. But we left anyway.

The plane was old and rusty, and was nothing I would classify as “safe”. Dad actually had to carry me on board. I am not a plane-person. I normally laugh at takeoff and landing, as it tickles in my stomach, but I actually prefer travelling by car, train or boat. My body reacts to busses and planes, making me feel uneasy, so a trashed plane wouldn’t exactly help me on the way.

By takeoff I was sure I was going to die, as the motor creaked, and the walls made strange sounds. I was tempted to scream out loud in the middle of the ride, when we hit a rather powerful fit of turbulence. At landing my whole soul felt devastated and very confused, as I made my way off, and out to the fresh air.

As I suspected “fresh” wasn’t the right term to use. I could spot the highway from where I stood, and if I wasn’t very wrong, I could spot high dumps of trash along it. I was so done with this.


When in our newly rented car, mom and dad surprised us. They told us we weren’t going to stay in town. They had rented a mansion not far from the city. A mansion with servants, pool, big rooms and the garden led right onto the beach where a giant coral reef was silently resting.


We made our way there, and I was very delighted. The house was so big, either of us could have our own room with king size beds. There were giant palm trees all around, and nice sun beds in between them. Already from the car we could hear the soft squeals of monkeys, and the peaceful whisper of waves hitting shore. The warmth from the air itself was melting my worries of a sad week in Mombasa. This was not exactly what you would call “stinking and overflowing with trash”. 
Here is a part of our mansion, the pool area.

This is the beach right by the mansion. It was really heavenly there!
Her kan  du se ruten vi har tatt hittil!

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar